Advantages and disadvantages of using a chat room
- Instant communication.
- Share photos, videos, and pictures.
- You can attach files.
- Fast - instant communication to one or more people.
- Doesn't cost anything.
- Literally anyone can connect at any time, which allows you to talk to someone online from any part of the world.
- This real time communication doesn't require you to be close to anyone else in order to chat.
- Completely free. We don't charge to use our chat room or any part of our chat site.
- Talk in private and connect to people from not only the UK but other countries too.
- You don't need to register with an email address.
- You can register to keep your username, which is entirely optional.
- More than one person is required.
- Internet connection is required.
- It can be difficult to ascertain what someone means without seeing emotional response or their body language.
- Sometimes someone is pretending to be someone who they really are not.
A Chat Room is usually part of a website or sometimes a dedicated website, which forms part of a service to bring together people in a chat room in one place.
Communities of users can then chat in real time to talk about anything or common interests.
Our chat rooms do not require you to install any specific software; the chat room literally works out of the box, unlike IRC (Internet Relay Chat) which requires you to download additional software.
Chat room registration is done in an instant – all that is required is a valid email address. Keep in mind this is an optional feature which allows you to keep your chosen username.
Most sites have many different rooms but ours allow you to log into one room and the list of rooms are available from that one chat room.
Inside the chat there is a user list which shows you who is currently online and available to chat to.
Messages you post in the main room will be available to view from the larger community and other users respond.
Users can posts videos and images as well as audio using your webcam.
All messages posted in the chat room are spontaneous and can be seen by everyone all within a fraction of a second. This can sometimes open the chat to potential abuse so we ask you to consider what you post before doing so.
Introducing yourself before you start in conversation is always a great start – a simple ‘hi’ or ‘hello’ can make the difference of a bad or good start.
Disruptive users may sometimes be ejected from the chat room by our active moderators. Flooding the chat room is not tolerated and can result in being kicked.
There are tons of chat rooms on the internet – some focus on specific subjects but ours doesn’t. You can talk about anything you wish. We do have chat rooms which tend to bring together people from parts of the UK for instance our Welsh, Irish, England and Scottish chat.
Chat to people online from all over England.
A great way to connect with men and women from Ireland and beyond.
Meet and chat to male and females from Scotland.
Flirt or just chat to make new friends? Check out our Welsh chat, you'll love it!
No age restrictions - everyone is welcome at achatroom.
- Talk to people in our webcam video
chat rooms from all parts of the UK. Find men and women from England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- Tired of looking at single profiles on dating sites? Chat direct to men and women instantly without having to sign up or paying monthly subscriptions.
- We are much more than a chat room but a community of UK chatters. Our website should really come with a warning "highly addictive".
- Get to know people online from all over the UK.
- Meeting a new Chat Buddy couldn't get easier.
Our aim is to create the most welcoming place to chat online in the UK. We can do this by treating everyone with the utmost respect. Healthy debates are encouraged, and quite natural, but always keep kindness in mind.
Feeling safe in our chat rooms is a big deal to us- we all like to feel safe. Bullying is not tolerated nor is it allowed, degrading comments about religion, culture, sexual orientation etc is not tolerated.
Try to get involved as much as you can to make the chat room interactive. The more you put into the chat the more you will get out of it. Spam, self promoting or posting links aren't allowed.
Being part of a chat room requires a degree of trust. Authentic people and honesty is what people are attracted to. We encourage our users to be themselves.
If you're hoping to
make new friends or a chat buddy online then you are at the right chat site. We have a nice balance of men and women to talk to from not only the UK but all over the world including the United States. Our website provides a great chat-avenue of escape from everyday life.
Some of our regular chatters have left reviews here and if you would like to review our chat site then just get in contact with us.